Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Now that I have a little time I am going to do some book reviews.  Talk about books that I love and would definitely recommend to others for their reading pleasure.

My favorite all time romance novel is by Jane Austen.  It is Persuasion.  I love Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth.

The story that Jane Austen tells is of two lovers separated by a nosy busybody neighbor who thinks she knows everything.  It has everything that is needed for a good story; love, separation, a dishonest man, meddling, disagreement, a near tragedy and a good friend for Anne.  A good friend who tells her what she needs to know to protect herself.

I like Jane Austen's writing style.  It is easy to read and flows well.  It helps make one get invested into the characters that are presented.

So, if you want a good read, choose Persuasion by Jane Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment