Friday, June 8, 2018

Richard Paul Evans and The Calliope Writers' conference

Angie Fenimore's (she can be reached on Facebook), The Calliope Writers' Conference is today, tomorrow, and Sunday. I am participating by internet, because I couldn't make it to Utah.

Today's special guest was Richard Paul Evans (RPE). He talked about his writing process, writing in general, and about several of his books. Then he took questions. And even though I was watching the conference via internet, I was still able to ask him a question about my Historical Romance. His response was he loved the genre of Historical Romance. yeah...

During his talk he said something that I found very interesting. He said, "Imagination is more important than circumstances." I find this to be very true. If you don't have an imagination, how do you expect to write fiction?

There was a 13 year old in attendance of the conference, and RPE told him it was good to get started early. He was very good at encouraging the young budding writer.

#CalliopeWritersConference

No comments:

Post a Comment